Bankruptcy Issues: IRS Tax Issues
Orlando Bankruptcy Lawyer, L. Todd Budgen provides professional Bankruptcy and Debt Relief Attorney services in Orlando, Maitland, Longwood, Altamonte Springs, Winter Park, Orange - Osceola - Seminole Counties, and Central Florida.
Call 407.481.2888 about your Bankruptcy law needs in Orlando and Central Florida.
A bankruptcy filing can be an excellent way to get rid of some tax debts so that you can manage other bills (like your mortgage payment/rent, utilities, food, car payment – other things you must pay that make life live-able!).
What can bankruptcy eliminate and what remains?
- 3 years have passed since the tax returns were due; and
- 2 years have passed since you filed the tax return with the IRS; and
- 240 days have passed since the IRS assessed the debt; and
- The tax return cannot have been deemed fraudulent; and
- You have not willfully tried to evade taxes.
... Then you may be able to eliminate that tax debt in a bankruptcy.
- Any of the above is not met; or
- You owe taxes like 941 payroll withholdings; or
- You owe tax liens (only to the extent of the available equity or value of your property).
... Then you may have to repay those taxes.
(Note, state sales taxes are not dischargeable).
Call Us Now at 407.481.2888 for a free consultation to find out if filing a bankruptcy can help you with tax debts.
Attorney, L. Todd Budgen - Orlando, FL Lawyer | 407.481.2888